We are currently looking for qualified editors in all fields of study. Papercheck has several editor opportunities in California, Massachusetts, Oregon, Virginia, Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina, and Colorado. Papercheck is expanding future editor opportunities in Texas, Arizona, and Utah. Potential candidates must complete a comprehensive two-part timed examination (at the time of application) and meet one of the following two qualifications:
- Be currently employed by or enrolled in an accredited university in the United States and have a minimum GPA of 3.6.
- Have a graduate degree with a minimum of 5 years’ professional editing experience.
We receive a high volume of academic essays and business documents 24/7. Our editors are required to provide corrections and suggestions in reference to grammar, spelling, document flow, punctuation, and usage within strict deadlines ranging from 3 to 72 hours, depending upon the client’s request. Editors must also be skilled in applying the style rules of MLA, APA, Chicago, CSE, Turabian, ASA, AMA, AP, and other style manuals.
Editor Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills
- Experience writing academic papers on various subjects
- Meet one of the two requirements listed above
- Web savvy
- Required hardware:
- A computer with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) capability
- A high-speed Internet connection: minimum 10 Mbps download/2 Mpbs upload
If your qualifications match the editor opportunity above, please submit an application to EditorLive. Please allow an hour to an hour and a half to complete the application form and take the test.