The Charles Shafae Scholarship Fund awards a $1,000 scholarship each year to the winner of the Papercheck Essay Contest.
The Papercheck Essay Contest is open to students of all majors. The winner will be announced on February 18, 2017. To qualify for entry, participants must meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- be actively enrolled at the undergraduate level, taking at least 12 credits per semester
- be a legal resident of the U.S. or hold a valid student visa
- carry a status of “Good Standing”
- maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.2
- The deadline for 2016 entries is 12:00 p.m. (noon) PST on January 18, 2017.
- No late entries will be accepted!
- Please direct all questions concerning scholarships and/or the Essay Contest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regrettably, no scholarship or Essay Contest questions can be answered by phone.
Scholarship Question and Guidelines:
Many people volunteer their time to help others, either through non-profit organizations, churches, or other charitable venues. Write an essay convincing readers to find a charity and volunteer their time.
Please cover the above questions. Use sources whenever possible, and Modern Language Association (MLA) format throughout. You must write a minimum of 1,000 words; there is no maximum word count. We will focus on grammar and the ability to present ideas clearly. Include a Works Cited page with a minimum of three sources. The essay must follow the MLA system for documenting sources, which is set forth in the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th ed. (New York: MLA, 2009). Submit your essay using the form below. Do not send your transcript until it is requested.